FitnessGram 8.4: This assessment is given
in grades 4 -12.
The test that was chosen as part
of Brevard County's Accountability Plan for Physical Education is the Fitness
Gram. This choice was based on a committee's recommendation after receiving
input from experts around the country in fitness testing. The FitnessGram
assesses three components of physical fitness which have been identified as
being important because of their relationship to overall health and optimal
function. They are:
Aerobic Capacity - two options
- Pacer - 20 meter shuttle run.
- One mile walk/run.
Muscle Strength, Endurance and Flexibility:
- Abdominal Strength.
- Must select - Curl-up test.
- Upper body strength - must select one:
- Modified pull-up.
- Flexed arm hang.
Body Composition - two options
- Percent of body fat - calculated from triceps and calf muscle.
- Body mass index - height and weight.
Trunk Extensor Strength & Flexibility:
- Must select - Trunk lift.
Flexibility - must select one:
- Back-saver-sit and reach.
- Shoulder stretch.
be testing in six areas.|